Wednesday 2 August 2017

Diving into Snow

I was just about to go into the magic carpet machine when I saw how fast it was going. I said to myself I can do this, I will not fall on my face. The man that was controlling it told me how to get on because my mum told the man that I was a beginner.

I didn't squat down in time so I could get on it safely so I fell on my back. He asked if I wanted get back on and have another try but I said no. I jumped off the magic carpet and went to find mum. Mum was at the back of the line with Cooper waiting to go.

We were waiting for Coopers friend who was up there at the same time as us. Cooper's friend, Jack and his mum, Bridget are pro skiiers so they sort of taught us how to skii properly. Bridget taught me how to steer, stop, slow down and move.

I thought it would be good if I had another go at the magic carpet, so I did. And I made it every single time I tried.I started becoming good at skiing. I even had a go at skiing down a steep hill. One time when I was going down a not so steep hill in happy valley (which was where we were skiing)I went a little off track and went down into the ditch where some rocks were, It was like Sooo hard trying to get back up the slope but Bridget helped me make it I made it.


One time when I was going down the hill I was going too fast and I wasn't doing the proper way to slow down. I went staright down to the ground to stop in front of everyone that were waiting for the magic carpet. Knowone laughed though, and that was actually really suprising.

 As soon as I found mum after diving into the snow, we finished skiing and went to get some food like hot chips and some drinks. I hopped out of my skiis and had my food then took off my helmet, goggles and gloves. As soon as we had finished our food we went to find Cooper and Jack to tell them we are going but we couldn't find them.

We had found cooper but Jack was the one we couldn't find. His mum Bridget was starting to get worried when he turned up out of knowhere.  We decieded that it was time to go back to the car start heading back home. By the time we saw the line to get up the elavator.

Even though I wanted to go up the elavator I didn't want to wait in the long line that went from the elavator to where you get the passes from. We decided it was best to walk up the steep way which meant climbing up a really steep hill.




2 comments:

  1. I love your story Emily. It was very fun when we went to although we didn't ski.
    Georgia

    ReplyDelete
  2. O.M.G Emily that sounds like lots of fun.
    Why couldn't i come
    from Violet

    ReplyDelete