Monday 28 August 2017

Its Flooding!

We had climbed the fence when I saw that the Trees and plants had drizzles of rain drops on them. I tried my best to not get wet by the plants because I didn't have a rain coat on. I made my way down to this little bank when I slipped and nearly fell on my bum.

I made my way to slowly down to the creek when  I grabbed a branch so I wouldn't slip. I grabbed a tall stick so I could see how deep it actually was. The water went all the way up to 3/4. I wanted to get a bit closer to see if my gumboot could touch the bottom of the creek without getting water inside. I took the step when I slipped in the mud and SPLAT! I fell in the creek, I started flowing down stream when I grabbed a branch. I was crieing because it was soo cold.

My mum said to me  "I will be right down just grab onto a branch so you don't go down stream". I pulled myself out using the branch, I was drenched and I had water coming out of my gumboots.
Mum helped me back over the fence. Once we got back up to the house I had a nice warm bath and got dressed.

No comments:

Post a Comment